Gone are the days where an RV is just a simple medium of travel. Nowadays, you can enjoy the comforts of life even when traveling in your RV. One way is to get an RV recliner to have the best relaxation and sitting experience while reading, napping, and watching TV.
The best RV recliners shouldn’t only be comfortable, but they should also be durable and aesthetically pleasing. I have compiled 15 of the best recliner chairs to make the selection easy for you. All of these brands are easy to assemble and fit inside your small RV spaces.
Check the full details below.
Table of Contents
- Best RV Recliner Reviews
- 1. Homall Recliner Chair
- 2. RecPro Charles Collection Double Recliner RV Sofa
- 3. FDW Recliner Chair
- 4. RecPro Charles Collection Zero Wall RV Recliner, Set Of 2
- 5. Flash Furniture Recliner Chair With Ottoman
- 6. RecPro Charles 28” RV Euro Chair Recliner
- 7. Dorel Living Slim Recliner
- 8. Divano Roma Furniture Classic Loveseat 2-Seater Recliner Sofa
- 9. RecPro Charles Collection Recliner RV Sofa & Drop Down Console
- 10. JUMMICO Fabric Recliner Chair
- 11. BestMassage Recliner Chair
- 12. THOMAS PAYNE Euro Recliner Chair With Footrest
- 13. JIASTING Recliner Chair With Ottoman
- 14. YAHEETECH Recliner Chair
- 15. HOMCOM Manual Swivel Base Recliner Chair With Footrest
- What to Know Before Buying RV Recliners
- Who Makes the Best RV Recliners
- What are RV Recliners Made of
- Can You Put a Regular Recliner in an RV
- How Do I Clean My RV Recliner
- Are RV Recliners Bad for Your Legs
Best RV Recliner Reviews
1. Homall Recliner Chair
Homall provides excellent RV theater seating with maximum comfort and adjustability. This single-seat recliner may look small, but it can accommodate anyone as heavy as 265 lbs.
I felt the solid construction of this RV recliner sofa because it stayed in top condition even if it exceeded the recommended weight capacity. The frame is made of steel, while the interior is densely packed with high-quality foam that bounces back to its original shape. While sitting, I like that my back becomes straight to help improve my posture.
The exterior seems to be made of premium polyurethane (PU) leather, which looks good and feels comfortable to the skin. It’s easy to clean because the dirt doesn’t stick to the PU leather material. Best of all, the chair is easy to put together and feels very comfortable.
The feature I love most is the adjustability of this RV recliner sofa. The recliner can go from 90 degrees to 180 degrees, perfect for watching movies and sleeping. With the upgraded footrest, I can enjoy my favorite movie or television show even away from home.
Everything seems to look heavy-built except for the armrests because I think they’re a little flimsy. Also, I feel like the chair is small, so it fits for short people. Users might not be able to rest theirHeads-up: Everything seems to look heavy-built except for the armrests because I think they’re a little flimsy. Also, I feel like the chair is small, so it fits for short people. Users might not be able to rest their head well if they’re above 5’9”.
- Has a solid steel construction with a large weight capacity of 265 lbs
- Super comfortable with its PU leather, footrest, and foam interior
- Highly dense foam bounces back to its original shape
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Adjustable from 90 to 180 degrees, perfect for movie watching
- Keeps the back straight while sitting
- The armrests look a bit fragile
- Might not be suitable for tall people
2. RecPro Charles Collection Double Recliner RV Sofa
This RecPro Double Recliner Sofa is one of the biggest recliners for travel trailers that I had purchased. The chair can sit two people up to 166 lbs in weight and should be placed three inches from the wall to provide clearance for a full recline position.
I love this double-wall hugger recliner sofa because it looks elegant with its faux leather cover and thick foam. Bless the threadings because they match the color to the recliner’s cover, making them impossible to notice. The RV chair feels firm, making it comfortable to sit over long hours.
The quality seems excellent because the PU cover felt durable and lasted for very long. Thankfully, the wall hugger recliners’ backs weren’t attached when they arrived, making them easy to get into my RV. As a zero-wall recliner, this furniture greatly saves space in my RV.
I like that the double recliner chair feels comfortable for two persons and leans back almost to a flat position while staying close to the wall. There are footrests on both seats, so it feels comfortable when taking a nap on this thing. The back part also has lots of cushions to ease my back pain.Heads-up: However, my heel hit the wood’s corner at the bottom of the extension. I hoped there was more cushion in that area. Also, the foam on the lumbar area lacks density, so it became flat after several years of use.
- Provides ample space for two people and has footrests
- Saves RV space as a zero wall recliner
- Easy to get inside the RV as it comes in two pieces
- The threading matches the cover’s color
- Looks elegant and feels excellent on the back
- Seems to last long with its PU cover
- Needs more cushion at the bottom of the extension
- Foam goes flat over time
3. FDW Recliner Chair
This FDW model is one of the most relaxing travel trailer recliners out there. This single reclining sofa has a well-padded backrest to keep users comfortable while using it and can support a maximum weight of 275 lbs.
My favorite is the PU leather cover because it’s both water- and sunlight-resistant. I don’t have to worry about the sun coming inside my RV or the liquid that might be spilled onto the recliner. Like any RV lounge chairs, this FDW can be reclined to any angle to suit our comfort preference.
It’s actually easy to adjust the RV chair because there are no levers or buttons to push. Simply sit back, and the chair reclines while the foot extension pops out. I find it very comfortable, especially with the soft backrest, because it cushions my upper body quite splendidly.
I like the size of this reclining chair because it’s large enough to fit anyone comfortably, and it’s small enough to fit into tiny spaces. My FDW arrived in a single box, and I was able to put it together in a minute. I feel that the solid wood frame is durable enough to last for many years.Heads-up: However, the reclining position doesn’t lock in place. Also, I noticed that the spring under the foam creates noise over time.
- The foot extension pops out as you recline back
- Comfortable to use with its well-cushioned backrest and high weight support
- Resistant to water and sunlight for durability
- Can be reclined to any angle for maximum comfort
- Easy to use and put together
- Comes with good size and durable solid wood frame
- Spring may create creaky sounds over time
- The reclining position won’t lock in place
4. RecPro Charles Collection Zero Wall RV Recliner, Set Of 2
This set of two RecPro RV recliners makes a perfect choice for people who want a space-saving seat for napping or movie watching. These RV wall hugger recliners only need about three inches of wall clearance to recline.
I like the compact size of the RV chair because it can squeeze into a tiny space. Best of all, it’s very aesthetically pleasing with its scaled pattern and sleek modern design. The faux leather PU material itself feels buttery soft yet strong to last for many uses.
This camper recliner chair only weighs about 88 lbs, so moving it inside the RV is easy. It’s easy to install because the backrest is removable and can fit into narrow areas, like a small door opening. The mahogany color looks exactly as pictured, so I’m happy with my purchase.
In terms of comfort, these RecPro small RV recliners satisfied me. Both the arms and seat cushions are softly padded to give superior support. More importantly, this pair of camper recliners come at a low price.Heads-up: However, one of the chairs got broken seams after a few months only. The other chair is fine, so I think both didn’t have the same quality. I also find it a little hard to push the chairs into a reclining position for the first few times of use.
- Saves space with its zero wall reclining design
- Compact enough to fit in small RV spaces
- Lightweight and easy to install inside the RV
- Looks elegant with its faux leather cover and scaled pattern design
- Feels soft and comfortable
- Offers great value
- Both may differ in quality
- A bit challenging to recline for the first time
5. Flash Furniture Recliner Chair With Ottoman
This Flash Furniture item is one of the prettiest RV swivel recliners that I’ve seen so far. This chair comes with a matching ottoman to let our feet rest after a long day.
The cover is upholstered with a LeatherSoft material, which looks like leather to me. All the parts, including the armrest, are well-padded to bring maximum comfort. I like the design because it conforms to the curve of my back, plus the integrated headrest adds extra comfort when I’m resting.
Another thing that I love about this Flash Furniture chair is its lightweight design. I think this chair barely weighs around 58 lbs, making it easy to transport anywhere. Best of all, it’s easy to clean with a damp cloth and fully reclines when I pull the lever.
The swivel mechanism of this chair relies on the sturdy wood base, which integrates a ball-bearing motion. The chair does swivel smoothly, and it gives me an easy time to move around freely. Thankfully, the tools for assembly were included in the box, so putting the chair together was trouble-free.Heads-up: However, the weight capacity seems to be low because the swivel recliner chair seems to get wobbly above 200 lbs. The cover is also not made of pure leather, so it cracks at the seams quickly.However, the weight capacity seems to be low because the swivel recliner chair seems to get wobbly above 200 lbs. The cover is also not made of pure leather, so it cracks at the seams quickly.
- Comes with an ottoman for a comfortable footrest
- Swivel mechanism allows easy movement
- Feels soft with the padding and LeatherSoft cover
- Comfortable with the headrest and back design
- Lightweight, easy to clean, and has a sturdy wood base
- Comes with complete tools for easy assembly
- Has a low weight capacity
- Not made of real leather, so it cracks easily
6. RecPro Charles 28” RV Euro Chair Recliner
This RecPro Charles RV Euro Chair Recliner is another modern piece that can improve an RV living space. The size is compact to fit in a smaller RV space yet large enough to sit a large person.
I love this Euro recliner because it’s one of the sturdiest RV chairs & recliners I used. Instead of one short pole, this RV recliner chair features a ring base. I like how the footrest sticks out with a switch and goes back to position when I press in with my calves.
This lazy boy RV furniture is also super comfortable with its well-padded armrests, backrest, and seat cushion. The cover is made of soft faux leather, which is common among other Charles modular furniture. I like the fact that this chair is comfortable in both reclined and upright positions.
While the shape is significantly reduced from the standard RecPro Charles, this model still features the soft cushion that I have come to adore. I like that the backrest is a little curved to give support to my spine. The armrests are thickly cushioned as well to give me that perfect relaxed position.Heads-up: However, the footrest latch gets broken easily. Also, the screws that came with the chair weren’t properly packed, so I’m afraid that they might get lost in transit. Fortunately, these screws remained inside the box when it arrived.
- Stylish and compact to fit smaller RV spaces yet fit bigger users
- Has a sturdy swivel base, thanks to its ring base
- Footrest is easy to stick out and make come down
- Very comfortable with all the padding
- Provides excellent support on the back and arms
- Has a frail footrest latch design
- Screws weren’t properly packed
7. Dorel Living Slim Recliner
The Dorel Living Slim Recliner is very versatile because it can fit small and tall people with its tall back design. The chair covers my entire upper body, and I feel super relaxed when taking a rest on this furniture.
This RV recliner chair is very comfortable because it’s heavily padded, especially on the seating area. I love the texture because the microfiber feels velvety soft, plus it can hold its color longer. Surprisingly, the RV recliner is relatively easy to clean because I was able to blot up the spills before they penetrate into the fabric.
I also love the size of this recliner chair because it’s so slim that I can squeeze it between my two pieces of RV furniture. I also find it easy to recline the chair because it works with just a simple nudge on the backrest. When it comes to assembly, I had no difficult time with it because there are no tools required.
My favorite part is that I can adjust the chair either partially or fully open. I like the chair to be partially opened when watching the television because it gives just the right viewing angle for me. More impressively, the price is quite reasonable for its quality.Heads-up: However, the footrest mechanism is slightly rigid, but a little oil can do wonders in lubricating the joints. The fit is also a bit snug due to the thick armrests, so shoppers might want to find another one if they’re on the plumper side.
- Slim; tall back design provides excellent support on the upper body
- Color lasts longer and heavily padded for maximum comfort
- Upholstered with soft microfiber that’s easy to clean
- Easy to assemble and recline without any buttons
- Adjustable to different recline positions
- Comes at a reasonable price
- Has a rigid mechanism on the footrest’s joints
- Snug for people on the plump side
8. Divano Roma Furniture Classic Loveseat 2-Seater Recliner Sofa
The Divano Roma Furniture Loveseat is a lovely RV recliner designed for two people. The double recliners have an overstuffed design to give maximum comfort while sitting upright or reclining to a comfortable position for hours.
I like the bonded leather cover of this loveseat RV sofa because it looks elegant and feels soft. Thankfully, the cover features a matte finish to prevent sweat from sticking to the chair. I appreciate that the double recliners recline individually because it adds versatility to the product.
When the chair reclines fully, it almost lay flat, giving me that perfect position for sleeping. The armrests have thick padding, so I feel comfortable even when my back hits the corners. More importantly, the reclining mechanism goes smoothly for maximum convenience.
Putting the parts together is a piece of cake. I assembled the double recliners within minutes. Simply link the arms and backrest together, then connect to the base. For the price, this is an excellent deal because it costs almost within the price range of a single RV recliner.Heads-up: However, the cushion cover peels off easily, so regular maintenance with a good conditioner is recommended. I also noticed some ripped stitches around the armrests after a few months.
- Can sit two people together at a good price
- Individually reclines for added versatility
- Comfortable to sit or lie down with its overstuffed design
- Looks elegant with its bonded leather cover
- Matte finish prevents sweat from sticking to the cover
- Has a smooth reclining operation and assembles quickly
- Peels off easily
- Made seemingly of poor stitches
9. RecPro Charles Collection Recliner RV Sofa & Drop Down Console
RecPro provides the perfect theater seating with its three-seating capacity and a drop-down center console. I replaced my ProLounger Wall hugger Recliner with this RecPro Charles unit because my RV needed more seats when my family tags along with me.
This RecPro Charles wall hugger model features two cup holders to make movie nights more interesting. I like that the cup holders are easy to operate — simply drop down the backrest of the middle chair, and you’re good to go. I believe that the cup holders can fit any beverage can or bottle not more than three and a half inches in diameter.
These RV recliners wall huggers are extremely comfortable with their overstuffed padding and smooth recline mechanism. Each seat reclines individually, so we can take any position as we sit together. I like to recline my chair a bit because it gives me better lumbar support.
The RV recliners wall huggers save space because they only need a three-inch wall clearance to fully recline. I like the elegant look and feel of these wall huggers because the faux leather cover looks authentic. Best of all, they’re easy to clean with a damp cloth.Heads-up: However, I find the triple recliner RV sofa a little slippery in the first few weeks. It’s also a bit heavy to move around the RV.
- Provides a large three-seat capacity
- Includes a drop-down center console to hold two beverage cups
- Reclines individually to give more flexibility in sitting
- Comfortable and provides incredible lumbar support
- Wall hugger recliner design saves clearance space
- Faux leather looks authentic and easy to clean
- Feels slippery at first
- Slightly heavy to move around the RV living area
10. JUMMICO Fabric Recliner Chair
JUMMICO tries to offer better comfort with its breathable fabric RV recliner. It comes complete with necessary features, such as an adjustable footrest and backrest, to give a more relaxing experience.
I think that this RV chair is sturdy because it contains a steel frame footrest. My friend was around 250 lbs, and the chair was able to hold him steadily. I particularly like the grey color because it matches any decor in my RV living area.
The recliner is pretty lightweight because I was able to move it around the RV easily; plus it’s easy to assemble. It also feels comfortable with all the thick padding on the seat, backrest, and armrests. I felt so relaxed that I fell asleep right before taking my boots off.
As for the fabric material, I find it durable since I haven’t seen any rips when my puppy climbed on it. I like that both the footrest and backrest are adjustable to help me find the most comfortable position when taking a nap or watching TV. Surprisingly, the fabric cover is easy to spot clean from spills and stains with a damp cloth.Heads-up: While the footrest feels sturdy, I’m afraid that the armrests won’t hold up with their plywood construction. My friend tried to put his elbow on the armrest, and I heard a crack sound.
- Breathable fabric cover feels sturdy and easy to spot clean
- Adjustable backrest and footrest allow maximum comfort
- Steel-framed footrest feels sturdy and stable
- Feels comfortable with the thick padding
- Lightweight and easy to put together
- Has a beautiful grey color that matches any decor
- Made of weak armrests
11. BestMassage Recliner Chair
The BestMassage Recliner Chair is perfect for RV owners who want ultimate relaxation. This RV recliner offers many bonus features, including a massage mode and a dual-function backrest and foot extension.
I love this chair because it gives more than what I pay for. The vibrations work in massaging my lumbar area, and I can choose three intensity options when reclined to a relaxing position. I really like to use the massage mode when my chronic back pain kicks in after a long day.
The upholstery of the RV recliner is also quite durable. I spilled water once, and I was surprised that it didn’t soak the cover. I believe that the PU cover is waterproof, making it easy to clean and maintain.
I like the fact that the chair locks when it reclines because I feel secured whenever I’m in a sleeping position. Thankfully, the chair comes with a remote control to make operation hassle-free. And best of all, assembly is pretty straightforward.Heads-up: However, the massage points feel a little sharp whenever they’re not in use. I think the cover is a little thin that the massage points protrude through it. Also, the recliner is way too small for anyone taller than 5’5”.
- Comes with a massage mode to reduce back pain
- Dual function allows the footrest to extend while reclining the backrest
- Easy to assemble and use with the remote control
- Upholstered with a durable PU cover
- Waterproof to make cleaning easier
- Locks in the recline position to add more stability
- Massage points feel sharp behind the thin cover
- Way too small for tall people
12. THOMAS PAYNE Euro Recliner Chair With Footrest
The Thomas Payne Euro Recliner tops the list when it comes to sleek European designs. This chair boasts quality workmanship and magnificent comfort for elegant RV owners.
The thing I like most is the 360-degree swivel mechanism because it keeps me mobile while sitting. The wooden base looks beautiful and sturdy with two curved sides. Together with the wooden arms, I feel the stability of the chair when I recline fully.
I love how the backrest was contoured to hug my back. It feels comfortable, plus the armrests are heavily padded as well. I believe it weighs no more than 50 lbs because I had an easy time moving the Thomas Payne chair around in my RV living area.
This Thomas Payne chair has an adjustable reclining position, which is good because I like to take different reclining angles when reading and napping. The footrest pops out easily, and it was able to cover my entire feet. Best of all, the profile is slim, so it fits through my narrow RV entry door.Heads-up: However, the footrest may push back really hard. I was startled when the footrest slammed real quick. Also, the bolts easily came out, so I placed a lock inside to put them back on.
- Looks stylish with its European design
- Has a swivel mechanism to allow for easy movement
- Feels stable with the sturdy wooden base and padded armrests
- Adjustable reclining position provides optimum comfort
- Comfortable to use with its contoured backrest and footrest
- Easy to fit in narrow doors and lightweight to move around
- Footrest may slam back hard
- Some bolts are a little loose
13. JIASTING Recliner Chair With Ottoman
This chair from JIASTING is a swivel glider RV recliner that comes with a matching ottoman to rest the feet. This is one of my best used RV recliners in terms of versatility and style.
I like the fact that this swivel glider RV chair can recline, swing, and rotate 360 degrees. I’ve never seen a chair that offers these many motion mechanisms. My favorite is the lever because it makes the recline adjustment a lot easier, and it locks the position I want.
I’m surprised that the swivel glider RV chair can glide even while I’m in a recline position. When in a rocking motion, I feel like my back pain disappears. I love the red-brown color because it looks sophisticated in the middle of my white wall background.
Another thing that I love about this swivel glider RV recliner is its outstanding quality. The faux leather cover looks stunning with its smooth appearance; plus the chair feels sturdy with the metal frame. I also find this swivel glider RV chair comfortable with all the soft sponge packed in the interior.Heads-up: However, the bearings need regular lubrication because they cause a squeaking sound. Also, the faux leather does peel and flake off over time.
- Comes with a pretty ottoman to rest the feet
- Can swing, recline, and rotate for versatility
- Can glide while in recline position to reduce back pain
- Designed with a lever to lock the desired position
- Faux leather looks wonderful with its red-brown color
- Has a soft padding and durable metal frame
- Bearings need regular lubrication
- Cracks and peels off easily
14. YAHEETECH Recliner Chair
YAHEETECH offers another good recliner chair for a comfortable camping world experience. This PU leather recliner is built for comfort as it suits many positions, like sitting upright or having legs up.
I had an easy time assembling this modern recliner, which comes at a reasonable price. It only took me a few minutes to slide the backrest on until it locked in place and screw the legs. The slim profile is also perfect for my small RV living room area — it’s neither too big nor small.
The chair is sturdy enough because it was able to fit my thick friend who’s around 250 lbs. Thanks to the heavy-duty steel frame and backrest, the chair held up for a very long time. Also, a premium pocket spring supports the high-density foam to give full support to the body for a better sitting experience.
I love the PU leather cover because it looks neat and easy to clean. I’m also quite satisfied with the backrest because it feels very cushy and comfortable. Moreover, the armrests have a beautiful arc design, making them effective in releasing my hand pressure.Heads-up: However, it’s a bit difficult to recline this thing back up into the upright position. I had to exert extra effort to do this task successfully. While the frame is durable, the PU cover is a different story because it peels off easily.
- Quick to assemble within a few minutes and supports many positions
- Comes at an attractive price
- Has a good size fitting for RVs yet sturdy enough to hold a large weight
- Designed with a durable frame, backrest, high-density foam, and pocket spring
- Easy to clean and feels comfortable
- Helps release hand pressure, thanks to the arc design armrests
- A bit strenuous to recline the chair back up
- PU leather peels off quickly
15. HOMCOM Manual Swivel Base Recliner Chair With Footrest
Another chair that got me pretty relaxed was the HOMCOM Recliner. I tried it when I went to Canada, and my life has changed ever since.
The HOMCOM recliner features a wooden base that feels sturdy as I spin around. The base has two curved poles to support the body when sitting or reclining. I like that I can modify the lying resistance through the side button with ease.
Another feature that I love is the extendable footrest. There’s a knob to pop the footrest up, so it adds convenience to the chair’s operation. With the overstuffed plush padding, I felt very comfortable that I fell asleep while watching a movie.
The total appearance of the chair is also a highlight because it looks elegant with its wooden swivel base and wide armrests. The chair isn’t that heavy to move around because it only weighs around 42 lbs. More significantly, the PU leather seems to be durable and easy to clean.Heads-up: However, the chair has no recline locking function. I also found out that the headrest may not support people who are 6’.
- Has a sturdy wooden base that swivels for convenience
- Easy to change the lying resistance with the side button
- Extendable footrest goes up with a knob easily
- Has cushy padding to feel more comfortable
- Looks beautiful with the wood base and wide armrests
- Light to move around and convenient to clean
- Has no recline lock
- The headrest is not recommended for those who are 6’
What to Know Before Buying RV Recliners
Having a comfortable recliner chair to rest in after long hours of driving or camping outside in your rig is a goal. However, it’s challenging to choose amid the many brands available on the market today. To make things easier, I’ll lay down some factors that can help you choose the right RV recliner for your needs.
The Different Types Of RV Recliners
Recliner chairs may look the same, but they differ in function and features. Here are the various types of recliners that you should know before shopping for the best one in your rig.
- Traditional Recliners: This type of RV furniture features the classic two-position design — upright or fully reclined. When fully reclined, the footrest goes up as the backrest lays flat for a perfect sleeping position. These recliners are ideal for larger spaces because they need about three feet of clearance to let the backrest recline fully.
- Power Recliners: These recliners are quite similar to the traditional ones, but they use an automated power button instead of a lever to recline the chair effortlessly.
The best thing about these chairs is that you can automatically recline the chair at any desired angle with a simple press of a button. Because of their automatic mechanism, they’re perfect for an RV owner with physical limitations.
- Push-Back Recliners: Compared to the power recliners, you need to manually recline the chair using extra force. These recliners don’t have a button or lever, so they look similar to a regular wing-back chair when not in a recline position. The design is simple, but you might need to purchase a separate footrest as not all of these models have this inbuilt feature.
- Swivel Recliners: For those who want more mobility, this type of recliner might suit you best. The swivel recliners are often built with a circular base to allow the chair to spin 360 degrees. On top of that, these chairs also recline for additional comfort.
- Glider Recliners: These recliners work like the typical rocking chair except that they follow a linear path when moving forward and backward. This type of recliner is perfect for improving balance, as well as reducing stress.
- Swivel-Glider Recliners: This hybrid chair offers the most movement as it reclines, swivels, and glides for your satisfaction. The JIASTING Recliner is the best example of this type, which glides while in a reclined position.
- Wall Hugger Recliners: If you want to save space in your rig, you can opt for a wall hugger recliner that uses less space to fully recline. These chairs can be pressed near the wall as they sit up straighter. They’re easy to adjust and can fit people with limited mobility.
- Massage Recliners: These chairs are the same as other recliners, except that they offer a special massage mode for more functionality. These recliners vibrate to help ease the tension in your lumbar area. Oftentimes, these chairs include a remote control to operate the massage function.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of RV Recliners
Now that you know your different options, here are the benefits that you can expect from owning an RV recliner.
- Comfort: The best benefit you can get from using a recliner is comfort. You can recline the chair to position your body to find the most comfortable angle when reading or watching TV. You can even put your feet up to improve your sitting or sleeping positions.
- Reduces Pressure And Stiffness: Another major benefit of recliners is you can ease out the pressure from your joints. Since recliners can help remove the pressure from your joints when sleeping or sitting, your body becomes less stiff when standing up. Even if your body is stuck in the same position for long hours, it still remains mobile.
- Improves Circulation: One of the problems of sitting for too long is that it rushes the blood to your legs and feet, hence inflammation. The best way to fight this condition is to recline while putting your feet up.
- Design: Besides functionality, an RV recliner can serve as a good piece of RV furniture in your rig. Most RV recliners have elegant designs that can help improve the appearance of your RV living area.
However, you need enough space to fully recline the chair. Since these recliners provide comfort and a few health benefits, expect a higher price than a regular sofa. You also have to make sure that the chair fits in your RV’s entryway.
What To Look For In A Good RV Recliner
There are many brands of RV recliners, so I understand that it’s challenging to pick the right one immediately. Before you make a purchase decision, here are some important things to consider.
- Comfort: Since you’ll be sitting on a recliner for extended periods, you want it to be very comfortable. Look for a recliner with lots of padding around the arms, back, and seat. As much as possible, the backrest should conform to your back and recline at your desired angle.
- Ease Of Use: The best RV recliner should be easy to use. The recline function should be easy to operate and adjust. A power recliner usually provides easier usage than the manual one.
- Capacity: You should know how many people will sit on the chair or how heavy they can be. If you’re alone, you can get a single-seat recliner. Consider getting a double- or triple-seater if you want to bring your family and friends. Look for the product description to know the weight capacity of your chair.
- Size: The size depends on how much space you have in your rig. If you have a small space, look for smaller or slim models that fit narrow spaces. A wall hugger chair is also an excellent choice if you want to place your chair near a wall.
- Material: The best RV recliner should be durable to last for many years. Since it’s seldom to find a genuine leather RV recliner, you can go with a faux leather model. Compared to bonded leather, faux leather is more durable.
Fabric tends to be softer than leather, but it’s less durable and harder to clean.
- Aesthetics: As much as you want the most comfortable motorhome recliners, an aesthetic appeal also matters. The RV recliner should improve your space and blend well with your existing decor and home furniture. Neutral colors, like black and gray, are your safe choices.
- Extra Features: If you want an extra function to massage your back, look for a massage mode feature. Some chairs also provide a drop-down console to hold beverage cups, while others provide extra storage pockets for magazines, remote control, etc. Also, decide whether you want a gliding or swiveling motion besides the recline position.
Who Makes the Best RV Recliners
Homall makes the best RV recliner chairs because most of its products are comfortable and cost-friendly. Best of all, its RV chairs recline to a full 180 degrees, which you rarely see on the market.
RecPro is also a good contender as one of the top-rated RV recliner brands on the market today. The RecPro Charles Collection shows a great balance of comfort and aesthetics. I’m a fan of their zero wall hugger chair items because they save clearance space in reclining fully.
What are RV Recliners Made of
RV recliners are usually upholstered in faux leather and fabric. The frame can either be made of steel and wood, while the interior is solely inserted with foam for padding.
Can You Put a Regular Recliner in an RV
Yes, you can use a regular recliner in your rig provided that it meets the proper dimensions. You might also need to make a few installation adjustments to secure the chair while driving. To secure the regular recliner in your RV, cover and secure it with eye bolts onto the floor.
How Do I Clean My RV Recliner
For faux leather chairs, dampen a cloth with a mixture of mild detergent and warm water. Wipe the chair with a dampened cloth to remove any dirt and residue. Consider applying a moisturizer to prevent the chair from drying out or cracking.
For fabric upholstered recliners, vacuum to remove any dirt or debris. Next, dampen a soft cloth with a mixture of soapy water and vinegar. Gently blot the dirty areas with the damp cloth.
Are RV Recliners Bad for Your Legs
Sitting or sleeping in a recliner shouldn’t be dangerous. In some rare cases, sleeping or sitting with your legs bent for too long can increase your risk of deep-vein thrombosis, a condition when a blood clot develops. To prevent this condition from happening, raise your legs and avoid sitting motionless for long hours.
It’s important that you choose the right RV recliner because it can change the way you watch TV, nap, or read. The best RV recliners are comfortable, durable, and compact to fit into narrow doors and small living spaces. My top recommendation is the Homall Recliner because it has the most solid construction and comfortable padding.
If you value aesthetics more, any recliner from the RecPro Charles Collection will do. The RecPro Triple Recliner provides the largest capacity, while the set of two RecPro Zero Wall RV Recliners provides the best value. If you want something that glides, I recommend the JIASTING Recliner, which also spins and reclines.
We care to offer help to anyone into cars, vans, trucks, ATVs, Jeeps, or driving. No matter what age they are, maintaining your vehicles can be much work and effort. So, that is why we want to provide detailed information and helpful reviews for people, especially beginners.